Last night, four-out-of-five of the Swarm of Eyes guys sat down with Brian Thompson, host of the Neckbreaker podcast. (Cut Jeff some slack! The man was out with his family, celebrating his 40th birthday, damnit!)
Following a sumptuous chicken dinner (courtesy of Brian and his wife, Sarah Jane), Neckbreaker kicked into high gear with witty banter and wicked riffs.
The 90-minute show was packed with metal, laughs, and a little bit of time devoted to the Sport of Kings, professional wrestling. During the live Facebook broadcast, the band chatted with their gracious hosts about:
- The formation of the band: who played with whom prior to Swarm of Eyes
- The new EP and why the band waited so long to release new material
- Why drummers are such a hot commodity in New England
- The “sixth member” of Swarm of Eyes
- What up-and-coming bands need to do to get ahead on their local scenes
- Old school wrestling vs. the current landscape (or “product,” in the words of good ol’ Jim Ross)
- Which guys were playing with their phones during the interview
- And much more!
Don’t feel like seeing the Swarm of Eyes boys in all their handsome glory on the Facebook live stream and using up all of your phone’s monthly data in the process? Well, hang onto yer butts and subscribe to the Neckbreaker podcast on iTunes and Soundcloud to listen on January 9th!
Thanks again to Brian for having us on! (Special thanks also to Sarah Jane for her heapin’ helpin’ of hospitality and the delicious food!)